The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is a leading international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonian people and communities throughout the world outside of Macedonia.
UMD's main goals are to foster unity among Macedonian people and to advance their cause. UMD works to promote our Macedonian historical, spiritual, and cultural heritage while preserving and promoting the Macedonian tradition within the framework of various advocacy, educational, and charitable programs.
With headquarters in Washington, D.C., UMD has representatives serving Macedonian communities around the world, including in Australia, Austria, Canada, France, Germany, Greece, Russia, the United Kingdom, and throughout the United States.
- Safeguarding the rights of Macedonians around the world
- Strengthening the unity of the Macedonian Diaspora
- Acting for the benefit of Macedonian communities before governmental and international bodies
- Cooperating with the world community by promoting universal ideals of peace, freedom, self-determination, and justice
- Preserving and promoting Macedonian culture
- Supporting the Republic of Macedonia's constitutional and rightful name
- Advancing Macedonian issues through educational advocacy, charitable efforts, and social and cultural events
- Defending the Macedonian ethnic and national identity internationally
- Supporting the human rights of Macedonians in Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, and Serbia
- Improving bilateral relations between Macedonia and Australia, Canada, China, European Union Member-States, Russia, and the United States, among others
- Assisting in Macedonia’s accession into international bodies such as the EU and NATO
UMD recognizes that the success and well-being of Macedonian communities worldwide is essential for the success and well-being of Macedonia.
Click HERE to download UMD Annual Report 2011