United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is an international non-governmental organization addressing the interests and needs of Macedonians and Macedonian communities throughout the world outside of Macedonia.
UMD’s main goals are to foster unity among Macedonian people, and advance their cause. We work to promote our historical, spiritual and cultural heritage while advancing the Macedonian tradition within the framework of various advocacy, educational, and charitable programs.
With headquarters in Washington, D.C., UMD has representatives serving Macedonian communities around the world, including Brussels, Canberra, London, Melbourne, New York, Paris, Stuttgart, Sydney, and Toronto.
- Safeguard the rights of Macedonians around the world
- Strengthen the unity among the Macedonian Diaspora
- Act with and on behalf of Macedonian communities before governmental and international bodies
- Cooperate with the world community, promoting the universal ideas of peace, freedom, self-determination, and equality
- Advance Macedonian interests through educational advocacy, charitable efforts, and social and cultural events
- Support the Republic of Macedonia’s constitutional and rightful name
- Defend the Macedonian ethnic identity
- Support the human rights of Macedonians in Albania, Bulgaria, Greece, Kosovo, and Serbia
- Improve relations among Macedonia and the United States, Canada, Australia, European Union, Russia, among others, and support accession into NATO and the EU
UMD recognizes that the success and well-being of the Macedonian communities worldwide is the best guarantor for the well-being of Macedonia.
UMD is a 501 (c) (3) charitable organization.
Board of Directors and Officers
Stojan Nikolov, Chairman of the Board
Metodija A. Koloski, President
Aleksandar Mitreski, Vice President
Ivona M. Grimberg, Secretary & Director, Economic Development Program
Denis Manevski, Treasurer
Ordan Andreevski, Director, Australian Operations
Jim Daikos, Director, Canadian Operations
Vacant, Director, U.S. Operations
Goran Saveski, UMD Canada Liaison Officer
Dame Krcoski, Director
Mark Branov, Editor, UMD Voice
Dijana Despodova-Pajkovski, Kiev, Ukraine – [email protected]
Boris Kamcev, St. Petersburg, Russia – [email protected]
Zlatko Nikolovski, Vienna, Austria – [email protected]
Claude Zoran Spasevski, Paris, France – [email protected]
Dimitar Nasev, Los Angeles, California – [email protected]
Dame Krcoski, Perth, Western Australia – [email protected]
Argie N. Bellio, Fort Wayne, Indiana – [email protected]
Blagoj B. Petkovski, Washington, D.C. Metro Area – [email protected]spora.org
Martin Nikoloski, Canberra, ACT – [email protected]
Tony Joseski, Sydney, NSW – [email protected]