The United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) is pleased to announce its partnership with Ajvar, LLC in organizing the first annual Ajvar 5K Run and Walk (Ajvar 5K) – a charity event to raise funds for children in need in Macedonia. Ajvar 5K will be held on Sunday, September 9th at Bluemont Park in Arlington, Virginia in honor of the 21st Anniversary of Macedonia’s Independence.
All proceeds from Ajvar 5K will go to the Fund for Macedonian Children, a project by UMD and Splashes of Hope. The Fund offers variety of assistance:
• providing hygienic supplies necessary for healthy development;
• distributing clothing, shoes, and other necessities to orphans throughout the country;
• delivering educational supplies to schools and foster homes in need;
• establishing a scholarship program for Macedonian youth to help them pursue higher education;
• bringing programs that help build strong senses of personal dignity and self worth based on Macedonian traditions and cultural values.
Ajvar, LLC and UMD invite you to come out to join us and celebrate the joy of living, the fun of running and walking, the excitement of meeting people, the importance of making new friends and cherishing old ones, and also to remember and honor Macedonia's beautiful heritage. Most importantly, however, we hope you'll join us in remembering to open our hearts and give hope and help to less fortunate children from Macedonia.
This event is spiced by a flavor of Macedonia to bring some of our culture to you, so we will be awarding all finishers with a jar of authentic Macedonian Ajvar, a special pepper spread that originates from our wonderful country. Also, every participant receives a beautiful race-shirt!
Register to run or walk by clicking HERE.
Ajvar 5k is in need of sponsors! We have sponsorship levels ranging from $5 to $2,000…anyone can become a sponsor and help orphans in Macedonia! Click HERE.
Please note that all donations are tax-deductible and will be used solely for charity. Registration fees of runners will cover the cost of the event.