BIRTHRIGHT MACEDONIA, a program of the United Macedonian Diaspora (UMD) in partnership with the Macedonian Center for International Cooperation (MCIC) based in Skopje, Macedonia, is now open for enrollment for the 2017 Summer Session. Applications will be accepted until April 28, 2017. Because of the limited number of openings, applications will be processed on a first come basis.
Birthright Macedonia offers Macedonian youth from around the world the opportunity to proudly declare their Macedonian identity and assert their Macedonian Heritage. Through its hands-on, life changing experience, Birthright Macedonia allows its participants to become fully immersed in their ancestral homeland by experiencing many facets of Macedonia’s fabric and people.
Birthright participants are assigned a work internship program that compliments their academic and career goals or general interest. They live with a host family that has at least one child the approximate age of our participant. During their free time, they meet and socialize both with native Macedonian youth and Macedonian youth from other countries.
The 2017 Summer Session starts on June 23, 2017 and ends on July 14, 2017.
Birthright’s mission is multifaceted and includes the following:
* To offer Macedonians throughout our Diaspora the opportunity to experience the daily life of the Republic and to achieve a better understanding of the economic, cultural, political and social issues of the country.
* To encourage Diasporan Macedonians to contribute to the development of Macedonia by sharing their knowledge and life experiences with native Macedonians through volunteer work internship programs.
* To develop contacts and friendships with native Macedonians and with Diasporan Macedonians that will last a lifetime.
* To strength the ties between Macedonians living in the Diaspora with the people of Macedonia.
* To foster and promote Macedonian causes throughout the world.
Please visit the United Macedonian Diaspora website for more information on Birthright Macedonia.
REDISCOVER YOUR MACEDONIAN HERITAGE….OR DISCOVER IT FOR THE FIRST TIME.
COME HOME TO MACEDONIA – THE LAND OF YOUR ANCESTORS.