Founded in 2008, the United Macedonian Diaspora (Canada) is a registered Canadian charity addressing the interests and needs of the Canadian-Macedonian community. Approximately 250,000 Macedonians live in Canada.
UMD (Canada) has an office in Toronto and operations in Ottawa.
The purposes of UMD (Canada) are to:
- Foster unity among Macedonians
- Educate the public on the proper maintenance and observance of human rights, as set forth in the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Educate and increase public awareness of issues of racial and/or ethnic discrimination, and promote positive relations between racial and/or ethnic communities of like-minded groups
- Promote and protect Macedonian heritage and culture
- Support educational development
- Assist those in need
Volunteer for UMD Canada
UMD Canada is aware that a growing number of Canadian-Macedonians of all ages and friends of the community are interested and available to advance the Macedonian cause by supporting one or more UMD programs. Volunteering is a great way to get involved and contribute to the better development of our community, Canada, Macedonia, and the bilateral relations between both nations.
The benefits of volunteering include knowing that you can make a difference to the Macedonian cause, as well as meeting many interesting, well-established members of our community, and participating in great networking events. Volunteers can work on a whole range of campaigns and projects, assisting with educational campaigns, implementing community development projects, media relations and so forth. Volunteering opportunities exist in: Community Engagement, Government Relations, Media, Campaigns, Youth Affairs, and Leadership Development.
Become a member of UMD Canada or make a charitable donation by clicking the button below.